mercredi 16 avril 2008

baby steps



Ok, on a more serious note, I think it's time for me to switch on.

I need to learn that just because I don't have goals does not mean I have nothing to work towards. I must also stop using the fact that I have nothing to work towards as an excuse for not working at all. Call me slow, but I have just realised that everyone around me is working; infact, "working" is what makes up at least 30% of our lives. Since I haven't really been consciously working(it's all just been reflexes), I have in essence been missing out on 30% of my life for the last....at least 3 years. Which is really quite shocking!

What have I been doing then? I think I have been living under the impression that just because I learn random trivial things through whatever it is that I do in my procrastination, I can pardon myself from not doing the actual work which I should be doing. In short I seem to have been living extremely unrealistically and without any practicality for much too long. This is against the natural progression of life! Everything I've been doing in the last 3 years has NOT benefited me! I AM WASTING MY LIFE AND NOW TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!

Obviously this has come as quite a shock. I think I'm going to go lie on my bed in the foetal position now.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

"I need to learn that just because I don't have goals does not mean I have nothing to work towards"
I think I could have done without that wake-up call.

Some would say that the next three years of your life won't benefit you at all either. Really it's just a matter of perspective...
The last three years of my life I've actually become a sane person who can hold a conversation without biting something(someone), and in a way you have contributed to that. So in the very least you've been a benign presence for me ^^

And via karma that means you're in for something nice...maybe some ice-cream?

Did you expect to the formal to be anything other than anticlimactic, after the amount of energy you lot poured into worrying about it?

Anonymous---I