lundi 24 août 2009

that ysl ring

Photobucket
My friend really wants this ring for her birthday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Alexa Chung has this ring (maybe for her birthday).

For the past few days I've been racking my brains and the internet on how to not only attain but afford this ring. The thinking and searching has been unfruitful. I always feel very confused and confronted when the internet lets me down, but on this occasion, I had no time to think about the limits of cyberspace. I went about my dead end the same way I usually do: DIY.



Materials:
- 2 bobby pins
- 1 bottled water cap
- the gold wrapper on some cough lozenges 
- metallic nail polish
- sticky tape

If you were standing 10m away, the only difference between the two rings would be that my 'turquoise stone' is about 1.5x bigger. 

Take that Alexa Chung!

2 commentaires:

Yarshk a dit…

That ma'am, is a win. I award you 0.1lb.

Revilo a dit…

I agree, that is pretty neat.

However, whilst the actual thing is quite beautiful, I think it's just a bit too big, too ostentatious for my taste. But hey, that's just me :D