mercredi 21 mai 2008

I remember when I first discovered photoshop back when I was 11 or something I thought it was the most amazing thing ever (I still think that actually - sorry, I am a loser in case you haven't caught on). The older girl who was living at our house had a digital camera, which was a rather new concept to me at the time, and I remember we used to go for walks around the neighbourhood and take photos of basically anything. Then we'd come home and put them onto the computer and feed them through photoshop. We'd mess up the colours, distort the faces and use crazy filters, making these horrifyingly gaudy pictures. Sometimes we'd print them out and make them into birthday cards or christmas cards. Mmm...where is this story heading? I don't know. Oh, I remember, I was trying to get to the part about the site Worth1000. We used to always prowl around that site looking at the bizarre maipulations, and we'd try doing some ourselves. Never turned out right, so gave up on that.

The other night I felt like wasting time on photoshop, so I started manipulating this photo of Megan (see previous entry) and it seems as though my skills have improved. The photos turned out quite eerie, and I'm considering using them for art. So I did a few more...





Mmm....

When I find myself here blogging about nothing, it's generally an indication that I should just get to sleep. Tomorrow is Thursday, which is one day from Friday, which marks the start of the weekend. This is how I get by each week. I always want time to go by just a little faster, but then complain about needing more hours in each day.

自相矛盾

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

These photos are scary.
They make me think idealised representation and the concept of beauty... something about phi ratio.

sunni a dit…

they are way off from idealised beauty and phi ratio :P

but i know what you mean, they are perfect in the sense that barbie is perfect despite the fact that she'd be 7 feet tall with severe back pains due to the size of her breasts.

i'm glad most people think these 'dolls' im making are scary rather than 'cute'. if they were cute i'd feel offended and never show them to ms. tooke

Anonyme a dit…

maybe we don't think they're cute because we're not overly asian. they seem to have a think for bauble-heads

sunni a dit…

i wish i was a bauble head.

Yarshk a dit…

They aren't cute because they look disturbingly life like. Bauble-heads only tend to be cute when they are in that cartoony form, you know, Bratz etc.

And i wish sunni was a bauble head too.

Revilo a dit…

I think the last one was done the most effectively.

However, I do agree that they are astoundingly creepy.