mardi 18 novembre 2008

first breath after coma


To those who don't know, I have in fact been free from exams for 10 days already.


!!!

This is therefore a very overdue post, but I have been too overcome by the idea of never having to form coherent sentences ever again, and have thus been indulging in pointing and grunting rather than typing out these wordy run-on sentences which when strung together form my poor excuse of a blog.

Last week has already become a hazy memory, but I do recall that the first thing which I did after my final English exam was go home, shower and change into a dress, then hit the shops with Jayne (yay Jayne! She has a new blog
earlyespresso). I resisted the urge to spend big, so resolved to buying cheap knick knacks such as a tacky flowery and pearly bracelet, an Exposions in the Sky album and this totally amazing nail polish.



It's sparkly and pastel and lilac (and eating my face!). It makes me feel as though i have tiny cupcakes at the tips of my fingers(!). Jayne and I also dropped by our favourite sushi place - you get to wrap the seaweed onto the rice yourself to ensure optimum freshness and crispness! It is truly the only way sushi should be eaten.



What happened after that gets somewhat confusing. There was a lot of hanging out, borrowing books, eating, buying things, waiting for trains, waiting for friends, waiting for the rain to stop, waiting inside magazine shops (wondering how long you can stay reading magazines for free before someone kicks you out). Having all the time in the world results in a lot of peaceful waiting...

I did a little experiment with my cheapest pink plastic camera. I used some black tape to create the illusion of panorama and thus the proportions of movies. Still too poor to develop/scan negatives though, so I've been resolving to snapping pictures of them against a lightbulb (again). I think I'm going to invest in a proper neg scanner.


This was Friday, it started with eating cake and ended with shivering on the beach at sunset after attending the most random art exhibition in the middle of nowhere. We comforted ourselves with a late McDonald's dinner and episodes of Criminal Minds.






I slept over at Alana's that night, and then on Saturday morning we trashed the kitchen by making red velvet cupcakes!


Sunday was market day, and I bought these two disgustingly cute framed prints of rabbits.



It's now a week later, and I don't know how the past 7 days have gone by. I recall seeing the Facehunter crossing Elizabeth St on Monday afternoon, and then spending the rest of the week with Jayne trying to hunt him down (oh the irony). I also got a haircut, bought a dress, and shot half a roll of film on the Olympus Trip. My haircut makes me look like a boy, expecially from this angle:



Considering how easily spooked I am, I don't know how I don't get freaked out by that white mask (right) dangling off my bed-post.
Do you remember why I have that mask? If not let me refresh your memory; it was from this photoshoot:






I finally took my art folio out of my teacher's office, and decided to take photos of these negs. Here's a bonus shot of Alana I found on that same roll:


I have also been sketching a fair bit in my moleskine, but will perhaps do an update on that another time.

The most important thing in my life at the moment is preparing for my interview for Cambridge architecture. I have been trying to read up on the subject, so that I don't make a complete fool of myself. Oh, the other most important part of my life at the moment is my new obsession with Matthew Gray Gubler aka Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds! He is the most adorable person in Hollywood. Gabby and I have made a group for him on Facebook. I can't decide who I like better, Matthew Gray Gubler himself or his character Dr. Reid. Both are absolutely endearing, and quirky enough for me to feel normal.

Strangely enough, the past 10 days have been as brainless as this post suggests. I haven't given too much thought to what my final results may look like, but when I am asleep I have dreams about it. I am still subconsciously consumed by my education! Tomorrow I am leaving for Sandy Point with five other friends to enjoy a week of relaxation. We are going to lie around on the beach if the weather warms up, but if not, it's going to be a Criminal Minds marathon. For nostalgic value, we are also bringing Sims 2. The plan is that we are going to make a house with us as the Sims aswell as a Gaspard Ulliel and a Matthew Gray Gubler. It's going to be neat! I've also borrowed some Richard Brautigan books for rainy days.
I think it's time for bed now, but hooray for the longest blog entry ever!

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

this long blog post is refreshing : )

heavy puff a dit…

ooo this post is so supreme! so many pretty things to look at.
xo luisa

Anonyme a dit…

I bought peach hearts :)
I am envisaging cute photos!

cavaan a dit…

i love your mask photos.

*jumps up and down*