samedi 18 octobre 2008

mary poppins

I don't know about you but I used to watch the same videos every weekend when I was a kid. Aristocats, Lion King and Mary Poppins in rotation, e-v-e-r-y Saturday. I have no idea what my mum thought, probably grateful that I was saving her money by never wanting to watch anything else or do anything else for that matter. Anyway, on the last day of school, we have to dress up as something/someone beginning with M, L or C. After much dissuasion from friends, I finally gave up on the idea of buying a rice paper lantern from IKEA and shoving it over my body. Now I'm going to be Mary Poppins!

My bottomless pit of a closet somehow accommodates most costumes which I can think of, and sure enough I had everything I needed to be Mary Poppins, except for the hat. Alana and I went for a walk to the nearest costume shop to see what they had, and the lady procured this plastic midget boater hat with some wizened grime on it. Thanks but no thanks. So I came home and decided to make my own!



The real deal.



My own cardboard, spare fabric, electrical tape and clag glue concoction. Pity I didn't have any black velour-ish material, only navy. Not bad though for some who hates cutting cardboard and can't sew to save her life, right? Right. I just need to pick some flowers and jab them in now.

So that was my day. The rest was doing chem papers and drinking coke with lots of ice. The weather is getting hot.

1 commentaire:

Yarshk a dit…

I remember watching Mary Poppins as a kid. I was always wondering who they were trying to fool with the terrible blend of cartoon animation and live action. It's just weird.

My rotational films were..Rambo III, RoboCop III, and Nausciaa of the Valley of the Wind. And a good dose of Warner Brother's cartoons. Which were all canto dubbed for some reason =\