mercredi 22 juillet 2009

highschool

I miss highschool, but not the one that I had. I miss the highschool which American movies make me think I had, where cliques are immiscible and everyone has lunch on plastic trays in the cafeteria. Sometimes people break out in dance, and self-discovery is more important than chemistry tests. I find myself depressingly nostalgic for these quintessential memories which aren't actually mine. In 50 years time, I probably won't even remember that I went to a girls' school with a pine green uniform. Instead I will be convinced that I was actually the kooky art girl with purple hair that was generally a loner, except nobody knew that the star QB secretly had a major crush on her. In these memories, I am also caucasian and speak with a heavy New York accent. 

Aucun commentaire: