samedi 18 avril 2009

food associations

I have a strange fascination with the word "sauerkraut". I like how it's spelt in a foreign way, but is in fact pronounced phonetically (unless I'm pronouncing it wrong). Sadly, I can't say I've ever tried it, but I like to imagine it as a large loaf of German sourdough bread eaten with liver paté and gherkins. The fact that it's actually fermented cabbage and has nothing to do with bread diminishes a lot of its appeal for me. There is a 90% possibility that I'm just craving some carbs right now.

3 commentaires:

lain a dit…

actually i am german. and maybe someday i can teach you how to pronounce "Sauerkraut". ^^

Revilo a dit…

Personally I'm not a fan of Sauerkraut, but that might simply be because I don't like cabbage. Or the few times I've tasted it I wasn't in the mood...mebbe.

I simply like the fact that because of the way we mispronounce it, it sounds like we're talking about a grumpy German rather than a form of food.

Yarshk a dit…

I'm doing it wrong. I pronoucned it "sour-kraut"